Yoni Steaming / Peristeam
Yoni Steaming has a long history of practice in ancient and indigenous cultures to Asia, Africa, Australia, Europe, and South America. It is the practice of sitting or squating over steeped herbs, for the purpose of bringing balance to the body, cleansing, and healing.
A note about inclusion. . .
Peristeaming, refers to steaming of the perineum [the area between the anus and the scrotum or vulva]. Peristeaming can be practiced by individuals of any gender. Steaming is popularly referred to as Yoni Steaming or Vaginal Steaming, and many of the benefits are specific to biologically female bodies; but there are benefits to all bodies.
In my practice, the primary goal of steaming is connection. Everyone can benefit from more connection. That is all that I will say for now, more to come.
Physical Benefits of Yoni Steaming include:
- Balance Ph
- Balance Hormones
- Cleanse Uterus
- Regulate Menstrual Cycle
- Decrease Unhealthy Symptoms related to Menstruation
- May Promote Fertility
- Postpartum Recovery
- Reduce Painful Intercourse
- Reduce Uterine Fibroids, Ovarian Cysts PCOS, Uterine Weakness and Prolapse, & Endometriosis
- Assist with the Healing of Hemorrhoids
- Relieve Chronic Infections, yeast, bacteria, and UTIs
- Detoxify the Womb
- Remove Toxins from the Body
- Stronger and more Frequent Orgasms
Emotional, Mental, and Spiritual Benefits of Yoni Steaming Include:
- Healing from Emotional Trauma
- Healing from Sexual Trauma
- Connection with Self
- Connection with Ancestors
- Connection with the Earth
- Tap into Creative Potential
- Increase Libido
- Reignite Sensual Passion
Yoni Steaming is not always recommended.
Caution should always be taken to assure your safety and health, when you are not sure it is always best to consult with a certified peristeam faclitator or peristeam hydrotherapist.
Do not steam:
- If you are bleeding or spotting.
- If it is during or after your ovulation and you are trying to conceive.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you are using certain forms of birth control (implant, IUD, uterine ablation, or cauterization of tubes)
- If you have an active infection with fever.
- If you have open herpes sores or blisters.
Kate makes and sells Hand Crafted Yoni Stools
Click here to schedule a virtual steam consultation with Kate
Other frequently asked questions about steaming can be found at Essential Health STL
FIVE best ways to support your monthly cleanse
Kate’s Womb Healing Journey
Sign up for a weekly newsletter with the latest blog posts and exclusive content.